Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Update on Amazon/Kindle Exclusivity

I have a longer and more analytic post coming up in a good while regarding this topic, but I just thought I'd let you all know now. I'm getting out of Kindle Select, and Kindle Unlimited, as soon as I can. I'll put the Dark Lust books into it for one period and then let them fall out, if only because I planned a few freebie giveaways of the first book. I'll advertise those via the newsletter if you're interested.

Basically, in spite of releasing new material for the first time in over 6 months, my sales are stagnating and very, very unreliable. And somehow, joining Kindle Select seems to have done something to the rest of my titles. Their rankings have all sunk like a rock. On top of all this, I haven't managed to get anywhere near enough borrows to compensate for not releasing the stories on other vendors.

If I sound a little annoyed, it's because I am. Not at anyone, I suppose. Just at me. For doing this stupid thing. In any case, once the Dark Lust series has had its time in Kindle Select, I'll be putting them up on other sites. This means that April and May will see a good deal more publishing activity than otherwise scheduled, though it'll just be releasing stuff that's already on Amazon.

To conclude: I won't be continuing with Amazon exclusivity once the Dark Lust series is concluded. It has turned out to not be worth it in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment