Sunday, May 26, 2013

Breaks


Yeah, so... After that last post, I realized what I was doing. I was forging ahead and acting like I never took a 2-year break from writing, making perhaps not impossible demands from myself, but unreasonable demands given how short a time I have been back at writing, beginning to upscale my words per day, focusing too much on editing, formatting, publishing and everything to do with writing in general.

While I really want this writing thing to work out, I have the "issue" of being an all-in person a lot of the time. This, of course, can lead to burnout, and that's what I don't want to happen. It's what I saw beginning to happen in the last post, reading back over it. I will try to keep my expectations of myself reasonable after I've finished the break I decided to take Friday through Sunday. From Monday, I will try to ease back in with writing, and hopefully be able to do it in a more controlled fashion that doesn't have me constantly thinking negative thoughts for not doing ALL THE THINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment